Korean Bath Gloves

I love to exfoliate so about 2-3 times per week, I go for a total body scrub for some serious exfoliation.  I tell you, nothing beats the sensation of having soft pinkish skin after a body scrub!

Most of you may have used loofah, bath scrubbing gloves, or those nylon or ramie bath mitts to slough off dead skin cells and remove impurities.  I have used those items and once thought them to be effective but I was so wrong!  Because nothing beats the Korean exfoliating glove (daesugun or ddae soogun) or Italy towel when it comes to exfoliation.

The daesugun or the Italy towel is a bathhouse basic.  For Koreans, no jjimjilbang (public bathhouse) experience is ever complete without it.  If you watch Korean dramas, then you definitely know what I’m talking about.  If not, then go watch Boys Over Flowers, there’s a scene where Jan Di’s brother gives Go Jun Pyo a back scub using the Italy towel. LOL.

I have tried different types of Korean bath mitts but I recommend Viscose because it works better than the others.  It works wonders, gently peeling away layers of dull, flaky skin and impurities.  Literally!

Viscose Bath Gloves

To use the Viscose exfoliating mitt,  simply lather up on your favorite exfoliating soap (I use papaya-based or Kojic-based ones for best results) and leave it on for a few minutes.  After rinsing, start scrubbing with the bath mitts.  You can use long strokes or circular strokes, it will work either way.  Just make sure that you start exfoliating AFTER you have rinsed soap off your body.

And the Viscose exfoliating mitt is not even expensive; a piece costs around Php40 (that’s less than a dollar).  Amazing, right?  I stock up on this wonderful bath essential, give it away as gifts to my friends and they love it.  Those who have used it say it leaves them feeling squeaky clean each time.

To purchase the Viscose exfoliating mitt, just go to a Korean convenience store or Korean sauna and  ask for an Italy towel or daesugun (ddae soogun). Dae or ddae, I think, means dirt or dead skin cells and sugun (or soogun) means towel or slough. They should be able to point you in the right direction.

Tagged with:

26 Responses to Korean Exfoliating Gloves (Italy Towel)

1. Chattee says:

Thank you heaps for providing us with these magical mitts. Mama and I just love Viscose.

P.S.
    Good thing you emphasized “AFTER rinsing soap off your body”. ;)

2. Brendel says:

I just hate it when people don’t follow instructions and tell me the bath mitts don’t work. :-)

• chrislyn says:

hello po miss Brendel,gusto ko po sanang malaman kung may mabibili po akong italy towel dto sa pampanga may alam po ba kayo ,wait ko po reply ninyo salamat po….

3. Miah says:

asa ka naka buy ani brend? hehehe…

4. Dear All friends:

Just now, i read your words. i am nice to tell you, i come from china, our company produce the korea scrub mitt, bath sponge,exfoliating wash cloth. we export to japan,korea, usa,uk many countries.

Mr.Stephen Tan
    zhaofeng daily use articles co., ltd
    yinan industrial area, yiwu city,zhejiang,china 322000
    mobile:0086-13735611695 tel:0086-579-85181759
    email: tzx168@gmail.com

5. Jhesca says:

san po nkkbili nyan ? msg me on facebook jhesca1615@yahoo.com thanks :D

6. bunmy sy says:

thanks fos sharing. Will buy one soon!

7. Brendel says:

Great, Ms. Bunny!

8. Tiffany says:

Hello! I’m SO interested in this mitten. But I live in the US,and in an area that has no Korean convenience stores around. So where else can I buy it? Do you have any websites online I can check out? BEcause I type in Italy towel and they take me to towel hangers. =w=

9. Merlyn Tabuco says:

when can I buy the korean bath towel? Im in the Philippines- Laguna.

10. beth says:

hi, where can i buy this towel? i’ve been looking it for quite a long time. nakagamit na ako nito dati nabili ko sa bazaar pero ngayon kasi wala na akong makita ganito. saan kaya ako pwede makabili nito. pls. help.thanks

11. Belle says:

I just purchased a pack of 5 of these, the Green and Blue ones. Can I use this everyday with Papaya soap to lighten my skin tone??

• Brendel says:

Hi. You can exfoliate with the Viscose/Korean Italy towel not more than 3x per week to peel off dull, flaky skin.

However, I don’t think the scrubbing glove will aid in lightening the skin tone because it doesn’t reduce melanin formation. It works great at keeping your skin soft and supple, though.

Thanks for dropping by.

12. nice says:

hi! just found this blog, can you recomend kung san pa kaya merong ganyang towel? ung sa link sa taas parang di na po ata sila nagse-sell ng italy towel? :(

13. chrislyn says:

hi po saan po dto sa pampanga may korean store gusto ko pong bumili nung italy towel at magkano po sa peso,ty…

14. Pur Essence says:

I go to see everyday a few web sites and information sites to read articles,
    but this blog presents quality based content.

15. Valeria says:

I just bought a 3-piece pkg and I gotta say this is awesome! I was wondering how is the proper way to clean them, my package has the instructions in korean so I don’t understand. Should I rise it with water and let it dry?