I have wavy hair so every 6 months I go for a rebonding or relaxing treatment to straighten it out. But the problem with chemically treated hair is that without hot oil treatment, it tends to be dull and dry.
Since I don’t have the budget to go for expensive salon treatments intended to moisturize and revitalize the hair, I am always on the hunt for inexpensive hair care products intended for home use. I have found really good hair care products and one of them is Biolink VCO Hot Oil Treatment.
Continue reading Biolink VCO Hot Oil Treatment
September of last year, I bought an 18-pc Professional Make-up Brush Set. I’m not a budding make-up artist nor do I have plans to become one but I thought I could definitely use a set of good quality make-up brushes so I went ahead and bought a set of professional make-up brushes online.
Continue reading Professional Make-up Brush Set
(image from Studio East Salon)
I was checking out my multiply blog when I found a very old blog post on a recipe for sugaring wax. I shared the recipe there because I thought it might be useful for those who want alternatives to shaving and the use of depilatory creams.
I have tried waxing my arms and legs using sugaring wax that I prepared myself and although it is not as convenient as using cold wax, I think it will be preferred by many as it is low-cost, relatively easy to make, and makes use of all-natural ingredient
Recipe for Sugaring Wax
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat (You can also use the microwave oven). Stir the mixture lightly until all the sugar has melted. Let cool.
Waxing Technique Using Sugaring Wax
- Always test the temperature before applying the sugaring wax to your skin. Be careful not to scald yourself. It should be a little hot, but not scalding.
- Once cooled, apply to skin using a wooden spatula in the direction of hair growth.
- Place a strip of cotton cloth on the wax and pull the cloth opposite the direction of hair growth.
- Clean the area with a cloth soaked in cold water to close and tighten the pores.
- Redness and bumps in the treated area are normal and usually disappear within an hour. Apply a moisturizer such as aloe vera gel for a soothing effect.
Since it is the first week of the year, I decided to organize my makeup stash. I don’t have a lot so streamlining my meager collection didn’t take a lot of time.
Continue reading Organizing My Make-up Stash