When I decided to organize my room, as in REALLY organize it, the first thing I did was to part with a lot of stuff. Clothes, shoes, and accessories were either sold or given away. And then I purchased a few containers, storage boxes, trays, and organizers to keep my room neat and orderly.
One of the really useful things I bought is a hanging organizer by Avon. It’ s a double-sided organizer with lots of clear differently sized pockets, loops, and tabs for storing pieces like rings, earrings, bracelets, pendants, bangles and necklaces. One side also has a mesh panel that’s great for dangling and loop earrings. Continue reading Hanging Jewelry and Accessories Organizer by Avon
I haven’t been blogging much here at Get Prettified! since August. Well, honestly, I haven’t been blogging much at my other blogs either.
So what if I’m not blogging, what’s been keeping busy lately? Oh I can name a number of things, some of them even blogging-related and would make really good blogging topics. But admittedly, I’m a self-confessed procrastinator so I never got around to collecting my thoughts and write about my activities these past few months.
Well, moving on… here are just some of the things I’ve been doing lately:
- organise my room – In my book, organizing means parting with things (clothes, accessories, shoes) I haven’t worn for months. I sold some and gave away most of them. It is easy for me to let go of things since I wasn’t born a pack rat. When it comes to makeup, I just sort what I have into categories and decide whether I’d keep, discard, or just give them away. Or if I think an item is a waste, I just toss it into the trash bin.
Okay, so I blogged about my foldable travel toiletry kit but failed to include a list of my travel essentials. I thought I’d just make a follow-up post so I can share with you the skin care and makeup items I brought with me during most recent trip out of town.
- Head & Shoulders shampoo in sachets – 1 sachet per day
- Palmolive Natural conditioner in sachets – 1 sachet per day
- feminine wash in sachets
- iWhite Aqua Moisturizing Cream – 1 sachet, a very light moisturizer
- travel size toothbrush
- Missha All-Around Waterproof Sun Milk SPF50 – brought a product sample just in case
- disposable razor
Continue reading What’s Inside My Travel Toiletry Kit
My most recent trip to General Santos City was the perfect opportunity to assemble a more organized travel toiletry kit.
Inspired by Donna’s blog post on her travel kikay kit, I scouted for a reasonably-priced foldable travel kit to replace the single-compartment pouches (and tons of resealable bags) I often use for my out-of-town trips.
Continue reading Foldable Travel Toiletry Kit by Modern Mythology
We all have our own list of skin care and beauty finds that we simply can’t live without. I’m sure you painstakingly built your skin care and make-up collection and have updated your stash by carefully weeding out items that did not deliver.
My skin care and beauty items are divided into 5 categories: the regulars, the occasionals, the forgettables, the regrettables, and the totally indispensables. I just came up with the categories and here’s my definition:
- Regulars– Products that I like and use almost everyday but may be substituted by better products in the future. My Tony Moly and Maybelline lipglosses, an inexpensive Korean cheek color, Maybelline unstoppable eyeliner, Loreal UV Perfect sunblock, and MAC Powder plus Foundation fall under this category. Some other skin care products and most of my toiletries belong to this group.
Continue reading Categorizing Skin Care and Beauty Products